This Thanksgiving was a bit different as our family was scattered between 3 states. My husband and I enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving lunch by ourselves. We opted out of the traditional turkey dinner for steaks. It. Was. Good. After lunch, we did a 3-way FaceTime with our children. This was the highlight of my day!!! Grateful for FaceTime bringing us all together to share in our day.
This Thanksgiving, I have a long list that I’m grateful for:
- My Catholic faith that has seen me and my family through many joys & sorrows of life
- My amazing husband who has loved me unconditionally through the years, especially during my relapse. The life we have built together is stronger than ever through our commitment to the sacrament of matrimony.
- Our adult children who continue to make me proud. There is no greater joy than watching them soar.
- My grandchild who reminds me to find joy in the simple things in life. He teaches me so much about life
- Family!!! I can’t imagine life without all of my immediate and extended family.
- WW and the weight loss and transformation journey it has taken me on
- My knees that give me the capability to enjoy my walks and workouts
- Coffee, coffee, coffee
- Sobriety. Without it, I definitely wouldn’t have the life I’m currently living. I am beyond grateful.
- The Serenity Prayer to help me keep things in perspective: God, serenity, courage & wisdom
Looking forward to the rest of the Thanksgiving weekend with my best friend.
Imagine with all your mind ~ Believe with all your heart ~ Achieve with all your heart
Life with Lisa 💕