Today, December 9th, is my 54th Birthday, and I’m here to say that I couldn’t be more excited!!! I DID IT!!! I experienced the 54 things that I’ve been working on since February 11th of this year, https://lifewithlisa.blog/2019/02/11/54-before-54/
THANK YOU to my wonderful family and friends who have shared in my journey with me. I couldn’t have done it without your support and encouragement.
But before I dive into that, let me share with you how I began my day. First was with my LOVE of Yoga, followed by my love of Orangetheory. And guess what??? I did a presentation on “Goals & Motivation!” Whatttt? Me? YES!!! Steven imagined and believed it, and I achieved it. I could not have done it without Katy, Chief Marketing Officer and Anjea, Chief Growth Officer, who guided me along the way by giving me direction and honest feedback. I will forever be grateful.
Now back to 54 Before 54, which began with Steven on a road trip in early February. The 54th item was completed with our children, son in law & grandson.
Here is an excerpt, along with my list:
As you blow out the candles on your birthday cake, have you ever reflected back on the past year’s accomplishments? It’s easy to remember the big things, such as vacations or milestones celebrated with family, but what about the little things along the way? Many times the small things are the most meaningful. They bring joy and happiness to ourselves and to others.
This year I decided to create a list of 54 things I would like to experience prior to my 54th birthday. The degree of difficulty does not matter, just 54 things that I imagined, believe I can do, and plan to achieve. What would be on your list? Here’s mine:
- 54-Day Novena
- 54-days caffeine free
- Air Fryer: Learn & prepare a dish with it
- Board Game night
- Carry the Message
- Confession monthly
- Cook with my apron
- Create a Vision Board
- Dance in the rain
- Declutter & Donate
- Do a handstand & a cartwheel
- Eat something unusual
- Finish 4 books that I started
- Get a household plant
- Go Bowling
- Go Fishing
- Go Horseback riding
- Host a dinner party at home
- Ice cream date with Steven
- Inquire about a writing workshop or blog seminar
- Inquire about college
- Learn how to make a digital photo album
- Learn how to make a soup & master it
- Learn how to say “I love you” in a foreign language
- Make my front more door welcoming
- Make my office functional
- Make snow angels as a family
- Outdoor concert
- Pay for someone’s coffee
- Plan a day for & with Steven
- Print my Inspiration Statement
- Reach out & touch someone
- Read 4 books of the Bible
- Reconnect/nurture current relationships & make new ones
- Research charities that interest me
- Send flowers to 4 people
- Send Mother’s Day cards to my friends
- Solo trip to NYC to see Nicholas
- Spa day with Katy
- StepBet: Participate in one & consider hosting my own
- Take a picture on 54th Street in NYC
- Take Reid to the zoo
- Try 4 new fitness classes
- Vegan lifestyle for 5 days
- Veggie Bullet: Learn & prepare a dish with it
- Visit a museum
- Visit a nursing home
- Volunteer at an animal shelter
- Watch a classic movie
- Watch the sunrise
- Watch the sunset
- Wear something different for a day
- Yoga: participate in 5 classes
I not only embraced each adventure listed, I learned many lessons along the way. The first lesson was time management. When I was focused on finishing my books, I had to set aside time to read. This resulted in little or no time for TV. I’m amazed at how much more productive I am these days and how little TV I watch now.
I’ve learned about patience because life doesn’t always go as planned, and often we have to readjust our sails.
I’ve learned that I’m a lot more competitive than I ever realized!
I achieved more than I could have ever dreamed of, such as climbing the Summit and rock climbing in Crested Butte, https://lifewithlisa.blog/2019/07/30/we-did-it/ and https://lifewithlisa.blog/2019/08/05/be-bold-daring/
My passion and commitment to WW, Weight Watchers reimagined, resulted in employment with WW as a Wellness Guide.
So, yes, as I blew out my birthday candles this year, I’ve had much to reflect back on. I am so blessed to have an incredible support system along my side to encourage me when I need it, to cheer me on along the way, and to celebrate with me. Everything on this list has been meaningful, bringing much joy & happiness to myself and others.
Many people have asked me, “What’s next? Are you going to do a 55 Before 55?” Hold on cowboy, right now I’m still soaking it all in and enjoying the wonderful feeling of accomplishment of each adventure embraced.
Imagine with all your mind ~ Believe with all your heart ~ Achieve with all your might
Life With Lisa 💕